Friday, September 21, 2012

Value Portraits

For this project we did portraits of classmates. We had to puit all the values in on the painting to try to make it look realistic. To do this, we used the picture of the real person, and used tacing paper to trace all the 'Shapes' on their face. This let us know where all the different shading was so we can color it darker. This was difficult on the darker side of the face, because it was hard to see the features on it like the eyes, and mouth. To find all the features we had to hold it up to a window to see through the picture to trace them. I think I did go through all the values on the picture. It wasnt hard to go from light to dark on it when I needed to. I dont think that this turned out too great, although it was a harder project than what I expected. The main thing that I had trouble with was the mouth, and the eyes. It was hard to get them to look decently right. But, I think i got the part of the mouth to look somewhat better than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment